Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Hurts so Good

Ahhh I love that feeling I get after going to the gym- that post workout high, the endorphins coursing through me. Even though I know I'll be a little sore the next day(and after my strength training class, for a couple days). Of course, it does make some fun times trying to predict when the muscles I worked are going to decide to pull the glucose my body needs away to restock their storage, and cause a low. I had my fun strength training class last night, and I lowered my basals by 10% for 4 hours this afternoon. During those four hours, I did not go low. Then, at 9pm, after a busy afternoon and early evening, and heading to the gym for just 30 min on the treadmill, I'm 73. WHAT??? I was frustrated, but took a deep breath and thought a minute about my options, decided on liquid sugar replacement, and got started with my friend. A little Gatorade and an 85% decrease in my basal did the trick- 82 mg/dl 1.5 miles and 30 min later. And now I'm 260- maybe I didn't need to decrease that basal for so long. That's what correction boluses are for, right?

1 comment:

Scott K. Johnson said...

Way to go for hitting the exercise! It's kind of weird, but it's a "good" sore if there is such a thing...

It's a hard thing to balance and get right, but stick with it and I'm sure you'll find what works for you.