Monday, December 18, 2006

Every experience God gives us, every person he puts in our lives, is the perfect preparation for the future that only he can see. -Corrie ten Boom

This quote was on a friends website and it is so true- sometimes it's hard to see what's down the road for us and and we just have to have faith that even if we don't understand now, it will work out for the best in the end. It was a reassurance I needed now that I'm trying to figure out where my talents best fit. I haven't quite found my niche yet and it's been a frustrating though educational. Michael W. Smith, one of my favorite songwriters/singers expressed it well with his song Missing Person:

1st Verse:
Another question in me
One for the powers that be
It's got me thrown
And so I put on my poker face
And try to figure it out
This undeniable doubt
A common occurence
Feeling so out of place
Guarded and cynical now
Can't help but wondering how
My heart evolved into
The rock beating inside of me
So I reel such a stoic ordeal
Where's that feeling that I don't feel

Chorus:
There was a boy who had the faith to move a mountain
And like a child he would believe without a reason
Without a trace he disappeared into the void and
I've been searchin' for that missing person

And his song "My place in this world"
Words: Michael W. Smith and Wayne Kirkpatrick
Music: Michael W. Smith

The wind is moving
But I am standing still
A life of pages
Waiting to be filled
A heart that's hopeful
A head that's full of dreams
But this becoming
Is harder than it seems
Feels like I'm
Chorus:
Looking for a reason
Roaming through the night to find
My place in this world
My place in this world
Not a lot to lean on
I need Your light to help me find
My place in this world
My place in this world

If there are millions
Down on their knees
Among the many
Can you still hear me
Hear me asking
Where do I belong
Is there a vision
That I can call my own
Show me I'm

Chorus

* * * * * * * * * * * *

I know I'll find my niche, I'm just slowly running out of patience for it to happen.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

God knows when the right time is J Hang in there!

Kate said...

Thanks Sarah:)I know He does- one of my favorite verses is Jeremiah 29:11-14 which talks about exactly that.